Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The wheel keeps on turnin'...

Today, after witnessing the passage of THREE WHOLE DAYS with NO writing to show for myself, I'm keenly aware of the danger of slipping into apathy toward my movie. Again. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen this time. Yes I'm disappointed I didn't get any real writing done the last few days; on the other hand I'm no less motivated about writing it.

Part of me is afraid to sit down with my notes in front of me, pen in hand, waiting for the ideas to flow because it is so damn painful to have to STOP when my real life jerks me out of my groove. That, however, is no excuse, don't I know it.

In other news, I came across a bible passage that made me have a reaction that really surprised me. Here's the passage (from the New International Version or NIV):

11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But women[a] will be saved[b] through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.


>> From 1 Timothy, Chapter 2.

I read that, especially verses 11-12 and I'm like, wait a minute. Okay, first of all, why don't I remember reading that before, and secondly ... are you kidding??? Are. You. Kidding. This seriously blows Christianity straight out of the water for me.

Okay, I realize Christianity is made up of much, MUCH more than that passage. But still. I think that is enough to make me turn away from Christianity. Kinda makes me go, if those are the people going to heaven, please do NOT save me a seat!!!

Just sayin'.

Ok, here's a cool thought: since my goal is to stay up overnight, I will definitely be awake when the sun rises, SO - might be kinda cool to sit on our balcony to write some on my mov-eeeee ... will post picture after sun comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment