Sunday, August 02, 2009

I am nothing without my friends - Friendship Day, 2009

Wow. Well it's official. It's officially very difficult to write a blog post when nothing is really grabbing me to write about. Plus I know there's only a few hours left of today ... I am really regretting the poor management of my time on Friday; it set me behind for the entire weekend. And on my weekends, working 12-hour split shifts, that is really saying something.

I am very touched by today's holiday, Friendship Day. I really have some of the greatest friends anyone could ask for. They know my deepest darkest secrets and keep them to themselves. They let me cry on their shoulders when I'm sad ... they celebrate with me when I am having a great day. Most importantly, they let me be me - they don't expect anything from me, but I'd give them the world if I could.

And I have more than one friend like this, which is very humbling whenever I think about it. I mean, what makes me so special to be surrounded by more than one fabulous friend??? And the old saying, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold" is so true. I especially cherish my long-time friends, some of whom I was estranged from for a number of years for various reasons. This year was a big one for me in terms of friendship, in fact; the year of burying hatchets and forging new bonds, deeper bonds because we overcame the things that kept us separated for so long. We've changed in big ways and we still love and cherish each other.

So here's to Friendship! And most importantly, here's to my treasured group of friends whom I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment