Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy vegan hens

This is Day 10 of my NaBloPoMo challenge - so I am 1/3 of the way through it. And see, it is late today too! I am very tempted to skimp on this entry, and yet I know that will make me feel guilty. Poo on guilty. 

There isn't anything to celebrate today on the Wacky Holidays calendar. Nothing so significant about August 3rd, apparently (no offense to those celebrating a birthday today, that is a VERY significant event!). Actually I lied, today is Watermelon Day. Except I don't like watermelons, but for those of you who do click here to see what others are saying about it. 

Yesterday really left me thinking about how great my friendships are. I want to do something special for all my friends, I really do. I'm not sure what yet, but I'll think of something. There is one friend in particular who recently gave me a LOT of food for thought about my life in it's current state, and today I realized I never really sat down and digested it. Consequently I'm feeling both renewed (now that I've had time to let it all sink in) and guilty. And you know how I feel about guilty right now (see above). I'm not going to allow myself to feel guilty for long though, because life is too short for that. 

Oh - this is also Simplify Your Life Week, first week in August. Fabulous! Who couldn't use some simplification in their life? Perhaps I'll try by carrying less bags on my arm into work ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment