Saturday, April 05, 2008

Too many projects, not enough day

So many things I'd like to do sitting in front of the computer. Lately this is my lamentation. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but somehow I feel if I write about it, get the words out in front of my eyeballs, then I'll be better able to see a solution to the problem.

Right now all my thoughts are churning around in my head I'm afraid my head will explode. What do I do? Where do I begin? On the one hand I need to transfer my documents over to the other computer, then Glenn's going to upgrade some hardware on the new tower, install some software, and then I'll have a CD burner, and I'll be able to plug in my headsets and microphone to the front of the tower rather than the back. Plus, it's just a better machine, I think it has a bunch more memory on it. It's got a better processor too, if I'm not mistaken; currently I'm running on a Celeron, which is better than nothing, but not a P4.

So I have to wait to install the software that lets me upload pictures from my phone. I must have over a hundred pictures that I need to upload before I can clear them off my phone. That's one thing that's holding me back: being able to post pictures to my blogs, any of my blogs. Right now in order to post a picture that I take on my phone - my primary source of picture-taking - I have to go through a long, clunky, inefficient process of starting a new message and adding a picture to it (can't send directly from the picture which, pardon my language, SUCKS!!) before I can send it. HOWEVER, doing it that way, in order to select the picture I want I have to scroll all the way through the entire database of pictures from the beginning - that's where the process becomes very slow and cumbersome. There are sooooooooo dang many pictures on the memory card that it takes a very, very, very long time. Long enough to make me not want to do it at all.

Trouble is, lately I've amassed a lot of pictures that I desperately want to publish. The other thing that would greatly enhance the process, this I just discovered today, is to set up an email account through my cell phone service. That would enable me to send the picture directly from the picture itself and bypass the process described above. I'm not sure I want to do that, simply because it's a shared plan. But man, that would be awfully, awfully convenient: instant publishing! I should look into it.

Okay, I'm done ranting. It's worked up my appetite so I'm going to find something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment